No matter how excited, prepared and ready you are, it’s perfectly natural to get a case of the jitters on your wedding day. Here are 7 tips to stay on top of them.
1. Get Plenty of Rest
- Take a nice relaxing bath with Epson salts to help you sleep
- Do some meditation to relax before you go to sleep
- Get to bed early – otherwise you will have baggy eyes or dark circles under them
- Go for a nice long walk to clear your mind from worrying about all the details
- Lack of sleep will make you edgy and possibly a bridezella…
2. Eat a Good Breakfast and Light Lunch
- While you might not feel hungry, you need to fuel your body
- Eating will help keep you calm
- Try a bagel with peanut butter, yogurt, fruit or cereal
- Stay away from food that cause bloating
- Hydrate your body – you have a busy day ahead
- Avoid caffeine and sugars – try a healthy fruit drink or smoothie
- You don’t want to be at the alter and hear your stomach growling, or worse faint at the alter!
- You may have butterflies in your stomach and your legs might feel like jelly. Take some deep breaths; in through your nose and out through your mouth, until you feel better
- Take a moment to put your hands on your belly and make sure your feet are firmly on the ground and take 3-5 good deep breaths
- As you are taking deep breaths – visualize everything going well and it will
- Deep breathing helps calm you physically and mentally – most brides forget to do this!
- Before you walk down the aisle take a few moments to take it the moment, take one last deep breath, smell your bouquet and say to yourself “here we go”!
4. Emergency Kit
- Safety pins
- Pantyhose/Black socks/Shoe Polish
- Make-up touch-up
- Sewing kit
- Water, Energy Bars & Bananas
- Being on time is essential and helps you to stay calm as well
- Have a realistic plan for the timing of hair, make-up, getting dressed and photos
- Have your bridal party arrive at the church/venue well before you
- Leave for the church/venue in plenty of time, even if it’s only around the corner
6. Keep Everything in Perspective
- Remember, you can’t get anything wrong because the guests have no idea what should or shouldn’t be happening!
- Don’t risk missing it all because you’re agonizing over all the details… so don’t sweat the small stuff
- Whatever happens, happens, do your best to just roll with it – Don’t let it ruin your day
7. Have fun!
- Throughout your wedding day remember to revel in the magically moments as they happen
- Take it all in – you will look back and be glad you did
- This day is about celebrating your future with family and friends and,
- At the end of the day, you will be married to the one you love and that is really all that matters…
Lastly, look in the mirror and take a moment to acknowledge how beautiful you look… How long and hard you have worked for this special day. So, enjoy it and remember to breathe and stay hydrated. We truly hope these tips help you stay calm on your long awaited wedding day!
Still not convinced? If you feel overwhelmed and not sure you can do it by yourself, hire a “day of” wedding coordinator – they are an extra set of eyes and ears to help remove all the stress for you and your groom on your special day.
Wishing you a lifetime of health, happiness and friendship!