Congratulations! Just got engaged or ready to start the planning your wedding and don’t know where to start? Here are 8 helpful tips to get you navigate the 2014 Bridal Shows in the GTA. I have also included here 11 Bridal show dates in the area.
1. Create some labels with your name, email, phone number and wedding date. Most vendors have contests, so by having your labels ready, you just place it on the ballot and move along.
2. Bring your budget sheet along so you can refer to it and make some decisions. Keeping your finances in mind helps keep you on track.
3. Bring a pad and paper to make notes about the different vendors. There is not enough room to write on their business cards. And while you will be given pamphlets/brochures and other reading material, it’s always good to make your own notes.
4. Wear comfortable shoes. Since there are usually around 40-50 booths at these wedding shows, you will be doing a lot of walking. Make sure you bring water with you and stay hydrated.
5. When talking to vendors, especially photographers and DJ’s, make sure they will be the one looking after you on the day of, not someone else from their organization. Please refer to a previous blog post for more information about photographers and DJs.
6. Bring your appointment book. A lot of vendors offer discounts if you book a consult with them at the show.
7. Sample the food being given out. Appetizers, mini cupcakes, wedding cake, candies, wines etc. This will help in the decision making process.
8. Planning a wedding can be overwhelming. There are so many things to coordinate. Consider hiring a wedding planner to make your life easier. Then take them with you to one or more of the shows. Their experience in the industry can often times be very beneficial when scouting out bridal stores, venues, photographers, and DJ options.
Bridal shows get you excited about planning your wedding. However, they can be exhausting too. Applying these tips above will give you a much more memorable experience.
Below we have listed a number of shows going on early in 2014 around the GTA.
Upcoming Wedding Shows in the Greater Toronto Area
Jan 5, 2014 – WEDLUXE Wedding Show, 100 Front St., Fairmont Royal York Hotel, Toronto, email: email@example.com, Phone: 416-591-1203
Jan 11-12, 2014 – Hamilton Halton Wedding Show, The Careport Expo Centre, Hamilton,
Jan 18-19, 2014 – Niagara Spring Wedding Show, 325 Ontario Street, Niagara Falls, Holiday Inn Suites Conference Centre, St. Catherine’s Phone: 905-524-3689
Jan 24-26, 2014 – National Bridal Show - Exhibition Place, Direct Energy Centre, Toronto, Phone: 905-842-6591
Jan 25-26, 2014 – The Burlington/Oakville Bridal Show, The Burlington Convention Centre, 1120 Burloak Drive, Burlington
March 15, 2014 – The Ultimate Bridal Show, Living Arts Centre, 4141 Living Arts Dr., Mississauga, Phone: 905-840-4591
April 11-14, 2014 – Toronto Bridal Show – 100 Princess Blvd, Toronto, Direct Energy Centre,
April 27, 2014 – Cloud Nine Bridal Show, Lionhead Golf & Country Club, 8525 Mississauga Road, Brampton, Phone: 289-795-0426
Enjoy the shows and if you need any help with your planning or would like us to attend the show with you, please do not hesitate to contact us.
I’d love your feedback. Please share your favourite tips for bridal shows with our readers. Don’t forget to leave a link back to your own blog too if you have one, via the commentluv feature here on the site.
Until next time,